The difference between a good and bad chiropractor can make all the difference in the type of treatment you receive. Finding a good chiropractor requires awareness in their procedures, which means you must know what to look for when searching for a chiropractor.
By understanding what to look for, you will be able to notice the warning signs and benefits to finding a good chiropractor. Here’s how to distinguish between a god and bad chiropractor.
- Chiropractic treatment takes less than fifteen minutes.
- Requires a full spinal x-ray during consultation – rather than an x-ray of a particular region.
- The spinal scan mysteriously highlights areas that need re-aligning.
- Is your chiropractor treating the right area? If your chiropractor is treating your neck when they should be treating your lower back, this is a big no-no. The most effective treatment is when the focus is done on the direct site.
- Requires extreme treatment with pre-payment packages or a specific number of treatments within the price. Most treatments require at least four to sixteen treatments, depending on the severity of the pain. If your chiropractor suggests a three-twelve months commitment after the second visit, consider this as a definite red flag.
- Fails to do any soft-tissue work. Good chiropractors will work on the soft tissue or at least provide a masseuse to do this for them. Bad chiropractors who only manipulate joints tend to streamline their treatments to earn more money.
- Doesn’t provide rehab or home exercise. Good chiropractors know that chiropractic treatment and exercise are best done together to receive useful results.
- Full treatment takes more than fifteen minutes.
- Highly recommendation by a trusted colleague, family or friend.
- Provides soft tissue work during treatment
- Advice on stretches or exercises towards the end of the consultation. Stays updated on the progress during following procedures.
- Easily accessible staff that can be reached by email and phone in any case of complications.
- Shows membership certificates for awards and associations.
Be sure to watch for any questionable behaviour or diagnostics. Check out all the warning signs like unnecessary treatments, required excessive visits and questionable diagnoses. Look for a good chiropractor who aims to decrease your levels of pain while increases mobility.